Sunday, July 1, 2018

THIS IS NOT MY COUNTRY ANYMORE

THIS IS NOT MY COUNTRY ANYMORE
The country where I was born was not the one I live in today. When I read that in these present days 11 people from one Bhatia family are dead with the signs of black magic being used by the tantriks -- when I read five persons in Maharashtra are lynched by mod in on mere suspicion of child lifting. When I read that a small girl of seven years is brutally gang raped and four family members get a contract killer to kill one of their own, when a man from Vasai beat up his father Lalchand (45) and threatened his elder brother and sister that he would not give them a share in the family property. And the family members hiring a contract killer to kill him. all this reported in one day- where the country being awarded the black distinction of the most dangerous country in the world for women. These nightmarish incidents incessantly touching the people around me -people like me and you- I have this feeling that it is not the country I was born in. So what has happened in past decade or so to make this country take a fall that big like being fall without a parachute from a plane -- Country where the keepers of the law have turned into predators of law. Where the political leaders keep changing the history books with the fictional chapters to misinform the young generation and fill their heads with hatred and anger. where they openly support the anti-national elements just to gain and increase their share of vote banks. No sir- this is not the same country which begot me. The country where the law is mocked openly by rich and powerful, where the is manipulated to save the guilty kith and kin of the mighty politicians and leaders. The schools which turn out gangs of children who pass their exams with mass copying without even being able to write their own name correctly. The Prime ministers are assassinated by foreign elements and by their own body-guards or become the victims of conspiracy in other countries and matter is pushed under the carpet. The country where the constitution grants same rights to every citizen yet discriminates on the basis of caste, community and class -with a normal citizen ending up all his own rights. No - it is not my country. The country instead of being run by honest hardworking and patriotic leaders is being run by the criminals disguised as just and moral persons of all hues and colours -
It is possible that I am sleeping in my bed and just experiencing a horrible nightmare , but the fact is that I am wide awake and in my full senses --but I could be mistaken - if that was so - you will not be reading what I am writing now.I need to understand this- what has happened within last few decades to turn once illustrious leaders into monsters and predators - the fault lies in the system and the system no one dares change and reform it. What becomes of ordinary me and ordinary you and ordinaries kike ours spread across the nation- the ordinaries whose voices are silenced before these are heard...where do we go from here

No comments:

Post a Comment